Hawaii's Enrichment & Education Professionals
|Division:||Hotel & Conventions|
|Site:||HC Royal Hawaiian Hotel|
|Location:||Royal Hawaiian Hotel|
|Position:||Part-time 6/1/2017 - 9/2/2017|
|Hours:||8:30am - 4:30pm, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday ( Validated parking and lunch provided )|
|Reports to:||Kathy Hew, Director, Hotels & Conventions|
Kama`aina Kids, Hawaii's Enrichment and Education Professionals, is committed to providing quality childcare programs that are safe, educational, dependable and fun. It is our goal to provide professional childcare, while maintaining the highest standard of excellence in our programming, staffing and training.
- A site Coordinator will work independently under the management of the Program Manager and director. A site Coordinator will supervise a group at or below a staff-to-child ratio of 1:6. The coordinator is responsible or overseeing the daily operation of the keiki program.
- General responsibilities include - planning, organizing, and implementing childcare activities for children ages 5 - 12; striving to make activities meaningful and enjoyable; setting and meeting time constraints; and ensuring the safety and well-being of the entire group.
- Additional responsibilities include - communicating with parents or guardians of children; cooperating and communicating with hotel personnel: keeping and promptly submitting reports; maintaining the facility and equipment used; and managing and purchasing program supplies.
- Must have 2 years of college-level education or CDA certificate plus 6 months of experience in working with children
- Must have, or be able to obtain, current American Red Cross First Aid/CPR certification
- Must have ability to plan, organize and implement daily activities in a fun, enthusiastic manner
- Must attend training classes and meetings as required by the hotel and Kama'aina Kdis
- Must be positive, energetic, patient, professional
- Japanese speakers preferred but not necessary