Hawaii's Enrichment & Education Professionals
|Division:||Hotel & Conventions|
|Location:||Oahu Hotels (Waikiki, Kahala, West Oahu), validated parking is provided|
|Position Summary:||Provides babysitting services to hotel guests and patrons|
|Schedule:||Year Round, As Requested|
A Hotel Sitter provides in-room babysitting services to hotel guests and patrons.
General responsibilities – caring for and supervising children ages 6 weeks to 14 years; changing diapers and/or soiled clothing; planning, organizing, and implementing indoor and outdoor games and activities; striving to make activities meaningful and enjoyable; selecting activities that are age-appropriate and unique to Hawaii; and ensuring the safety and well-being of all children while providing a fun, memorable experience.
Additional responsibilities – relate joyfully and sensitively to children; greet parents cheerfully; greet children individually and warmly; give loving, personal attention to children when they need it; comfort crying; wipe noses; give hugs and reassurance; be conscious of cleanliness of children (i.e., soiled clothing must be changed, hands/faces must be kept clean); report all signs of illness, injury and unusual behavior to parent; report possible abuse to supervisor; maintain a positive attitude toward children and parents; and communicate with children and parents.
Physical Demands of the Position
- Bending, squatting, kneeling, crawling, sitting on the floor
- Lifting children weighing up to 45 pounds
- Detecting unsafe situations through sight or sound
- Moving quickly to intervene in unsafe situations
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Current First Aid and CPR certifications
- At least 18 years of age
- Clear a local and national criminal background check
- Clear an employment history check
- Japanese speaking preferred