Hawaii's Enrichment & Education Professionals
Substitute Teachers Aide - Lahaina
|Title:||Substitute Teachers Aide - Lahaina|
|Location:||553 Wainee St, Lahaina, HI 96761|
|Position Summary:||Plan and carry out daily program and activities for a group of preschool age children|
Essential Job Functions (fundamental Teacher Assistant I responsibilities):
- Support a learning Center environment.
- Help with appropriate daily activities for children.
- Maintain a safe and healthy nurturing environment for children.
- Establish a safe and healthy nurturing environment for children.
- Supervise children for safety.
- Arrange classroom daily and prior to Fall and Summer sessions.
- Change diapers and/or wet or soiled clothing.
- Keep the environment clean and orderly; bend and pick up toys, wipe tables and chairs, etc.
- Attend staff meetings, school programs, In/Service Training.
Secondary Job Functions (tasks that can be delegated):
- Fill out injury reports.
- Answer the telephone and record messages according to company format.
Additional Responsibilities (expected of all staff):
- Relate joyfully and sensitively to children.
- Greet parents cheerfully.
- Greet children individually, warmly, and cheerfully.
- Give loving personal attention to children when they need it; comfort crying, dry tears, wipe noses, give hugs and reassurance.
- Be conscious of cleanliness of children; soiled clothing must be changed, children's hands and faces kept clean.
- Report all sign of illness, injury or possible abuse and unusual behavior to the Center Director.
- Use group management and discipline that is positive, consistent, and appropriate.
- Maintain a positive attitude toward children, parents, and coworkers.
- Communicate with children, parents, coworkers, and Director.
- Work cooperatively with Director and other staff towards maintaining a quality program for children.
Personal Demands of the Position:
- Emotional maturity and stability.
- Emotional stamina to work positively with young children for the length of scheduled workday.
- Mental stability; patient, flexible, sense of humor, positive, consistent, dependable, cooperative.
- Sufficient security and judgment to handle crisis situations.
- Able to take supervision and correction constructively.
- Able to positively supervise aides and other personnel when required.
- Clean personal hygiene.
Physical Demands of the Position:
- Bending, squatting, kneeling, crawling, sitting on low chairs or on the floor.
- Lifting children weighing up to 45 pounds.
- Pushing, pulling, lifting furniture.
- Detecting unsafe situations by sight or sound.
- Moving quickly to intervene in unsafe situations.
This job description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of all the responsibilities, skills, or working conditions associated with the position. While it is intended to accurately reflect the position activities and requirements, management reserves the right to modify; add or remove duties and assign other duties as necessary to meet the needs of the children, the program and the Center.
- Clear a local and national criminal background check.
- Clear an employment history check.
- Free of TB.
- At least 18 years of age.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Current First Aid certification.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (other helpful qualification or experience):
- Hold a current CPR certificate.