Hawaii's Enrichment & Education Professionals
|Title:||Group Leader - Laie|
|Location:||55-109 Kulanui St, Laie, HI 96762|
|Reports To:||Special Needs Group Leader|
|Supervises:||One (1) school age child|
|Nature of Supervision:||Works under supervision of Site Coordinator, Assistant Site Coordinator or independently in their absence.|
Submit lesson plans to Site Coordinator (1) week in advance. Strive to make all activities meaningful and enjoyable for every child. Follow schedule and start activities on time. Ensure that child is safe, under control and never left unsupervised. Remain with your child throughout the day. Set a positive example for child to follow.
- Always ensure safety and health of all group members.
- Understand and be in accord with Kama’aina Kids purpose and policies.
- Organize in advance an activity that is in line with the objectives of the program and accommodate the special needs of the child.
- Lead and control the child in all daily activities.
- Stimulate creative learning and create fun and positive experiences.
- Communicate with parents or guardians of child on a daily basis.
- Care for and maintain facilities and equipment used by the group.
- Attend all leaders’ meetings called by the Site Coordinator.
- Attend all special events such as Parent Orientation, Family Nights, etc.
- Attend periodic staff training
- Pass out notices as required
- Promote Enrichment and Holiday Care programs to parents and students
- Oversee proper sign-in and sign-out procedures of daily rosters.
Physical Effort Required:
Ability to lift 40 lb., physically fit to teach, supervise and participate with school aged children in sports and other activities that may require running, jumping, bending and squatting; ability to stand for (4) four hours, if necessary to the activity being presented.
It is each employee’s responsibility to meet the following State Licensing, DOE, and Kama’aina Kids requirements:
a. Provide State of Hawaii Dept. of Health approved TB clearance (i.e.: copy of card).
b. Arrange with the Human Resources Department for Finger Printing.
c. At your own expense, obtain one (1) Employment Physical (The Human Resources Office will provide the form to be completed by the physician of your choice).
d. Obtain Community First Aid & CPR certification (This requirement can be met by attending one of the classes presented each month by Kama’aina Kids).
e. Provide company with copies of other current certification cards (i.e.: Life Guard, Water Safety, etc.).
f. Attend Orientation Training provided by the company.
g. Attend Blood borne Pathogen Training provided by company
Experience: Prior experience working with school-age special needs children preferred.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: